Sometimes an electrical spike or power outage may cause your wireless router to go off line. Following are the steps that you can take to get your system functional yourself. In most cases, this will have you back up and running in less then fifteen minutes.
1. Close all applications and shut down your PC.
2. Unplug the power from the back of the router. Most common – Linksys Blue/Black router)
3. Unplug the power from the modem. (this is provided by your Internet Service Provider or ISP – Spectrum or AT&T For our area)
Unplug Range Extender(s) if you have those (you may not)
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the modem in.
6. Wait 30 seconds and until the lights stop blinking.
7. Plug in the router. Wait 30 seconds – Plug in Range Extender
8. Start up your computer.
9. You should be back in business again. If you are not – repeat once more expanding the wait times. If you are still having problems then call us; further action may be required.
DO NOT PRESS THE RESET BUTTON – This action will reset your router to factory defaults and may not match your computer settings. This option can make things worse and if you just had a router installed, will UNDO everything your technician just did. Additional charges will apply if you press RESET. Don’t do it!